Monday, April 28, 2008

Camping



We went to Zion's this week and camped, it was so much fun, but a lot of work. I didn't realize how much stress it is having kids in the outdoors. We stayed in a tent and it was pretty cold at night, I was so paranoid that the kids were going to freeze, so I bundled them up. I woke up in the middle of the night and reached over to see if Dylan was cold and he was sweating. I guess I am one of those worried moms. We took our bikes and our bike trailer and rode through Zions. They had some pretty cool little trails so that we didn't have to ride on the road. It was so much fun, I think on Thursday we rode 15 miles. Some of the littlest hills were pretty tough, thank god for those easy gears. Jaxon kept saying at night when it was cold and there was really no where to go to get out of the cold he was like "lets go home." It was kinda sad, but I know that they will love it when they are a little older. Some day we want to get us a trailer, so we dont have to completely rough it. I am kinda a wimp when it comes to being cold and dirty.

5 comments:

Johnsonsblog said...

Camping is so fun. I agree having a trailer or camper is awesome. It totally spoiles you so that taking a tent is hard. Our camper is not working right now but I told Justin that he has to fix it before summer!

K'Brina Colby said...

You need to get a trailer. Camping is so much different and eaiser with one and then we can go camping together!!

Shadoe said...

I love it. I am the same paranoid mom. I did the same thing last year when we went camping for the first time in Vegas. Kurt just laughs. Your boys are SOOOO dang cute.

K'Brina Colby said...

I like the new colors!!

Rhi said...

I did the same thing to Gage when we went camping. You think they're going to freeze and the poor things are roasting. Sounds like so much fun!